Go4Go Game Delivery Service - FAQ
What are the quality of the game records?
The quality of the SGF files are very high.
- All game information is verified against multiple independent sources before properly translating into English.
- The translation of player names and tournaments are always performed in a consistent way.
- The move sequences are all manually checked by the maintainer (a top EU amateur). Also computer programs are regularly used to test the game records for possible standard violation and invalid moves.
- The game records are known to be compatible with major Go database software, such as Kombilo.
When do I receive my game package every week?
The game packages are normally delivered on Sunday by email. Depending on your geographic location, you might get it on late Saturday or early Monday. In case the maintainer has other commitments on Sunday, he will most likely send out the game packages earlier than later. In the very rare cases that the maintainer does not have Internet access (such as in the middle of a Go congress or vacation), notice will be given by email.
Why did I only receive so few games last week?
We promise to delivery at least 1500 games to our subscribers. This works out as 30 games per week. However, professional tournaments are not evenly spread over a year. For example, January and February are the least busy months for professional Go tournaments due to people celebrating the Lunar New Year (Spring Festival) in eastern Asian countries like China. Do expect to receive more games when the large-scale league tournaments kick in later in a year.
I did not receive the game deliveries. Why?
This is most likely due to one of the following reasons:
- When using some free mail providers, such as Yahoo Mail and Gmail, occasionally legitimate emails can be delivered into the Spam folder rather than Inbox. In this situation, adding our email address to your address book may help.
- Internet service providers (ISPs) may mistakenly reject emails from Go4Go.net and considered them spam (SGF attachments may look somewhat dubious from the perspective of spam filtering software). Whenever possible we file complaints trying to solve such problems. But some ISPs are arrogant, rude and unhelpful. You are in a better position to talk to them because you are paying for their Internet services.
- If you need to change your email address, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that our mailing list can be updated. Automatic email forwarders do not always work.
If you missed game packages for any reason, please contact us and we will make them up for you.