Announcing the release of two new servers in London, England and Dallas, Texas -- http://www.funnode.com/games/go
Although FunNode is still in beta, the website has been online for almost 2 years now. We have accepted a lot of feedback over this time to improve the user experience and the site as a whole. We are at a point where the servers are stable and taking on substantial loads.
Here are a few things Go on FunNode has to offer:
- - Totally free (no premium / pay-to-play garbage)
- - Easy signup (although you don't need an account to play!)
- - i.e., nothing to install and works on most smartphones and tablets
- - i.e., "instant play" (no refreshing or opening new tabs/windows)
- - Play Humans or Bots (fuego and GnuGo)
- - 9x9, 13x13, and 19x19 Boards
- - Chinese and Japanese scoring
- - Handicaps from 0 to 9
- - "Undo Move" and "Offer Draw" options available
- - Personalized Player Pages to keep track of Ratings and Ranks
- - Fully functioning Review System
- - Private Games (useful for teaching)
- - All games are Saved - Reviewable and Downloadable in SGF format
- - Chatting allowed Globally, In-Game, while Spectating, and while Reviewing
- - offline and private chatting also available
- - Ladder Tournament!
We feel there is always room for improvement! Thus, we would like to invite anyone and everyone to play on the servers and let us know what you think about the site -- We appreciate all comments/criticism. Please feel free to leave comments/criticism either here, in the chat windows, or in the forums (http://www.funnode.com/forums). Thank You!